Date and Time
Mar 27, 2021 12:00 PM
Mar 28, 2021 12:00 PM EST
The Historic Detroit 6th Precinct, also known as the McGraw Precinct, operated from 1931 until 2005 when the current location closed and was relocated, along with the 8th Precinct, just 15 minutes Northwest to Warwick Street. It has been featured on the Travel Channel’s Most Terrifying Places, Haunted Case Files, and investigated by Nick Groff for his show, Nick Groff Investigates.
The current owner, Ed Steele, states “construction…started on June 19th, 1930 and it was designed by the Detroit-based architectural firm of Van Leyen, Schilling, & Keough…” and replaced the Vinewood Precinct House. It is reported that the area had many Polish-American families that had been living in the same houses for generations and who most likely worked at the Kelsey-Hayes Wheel Plant, which is nearby.
In the early 1980’s, prostitution started to become an issue in the area. To combat the growing problem, the “Morality Unit” was established to assist in inspecting the operations of businesses with liquor license. In 1982, the community joined together and created “6th Precinct Fun Day”, which was a summer youth program and attracted hundred of youngsters from all areas of Detroit. During the 1990’s, it was home to the Detroit Police Gang Squad.
The precinct has been involved with several historic events that has taken place in Detroit
Terms and conditions can be found at https://eclipseparanormal.com/terms-and-conditions
You can purchase travel insurance from www.TravelInsurance.com or from Thriller Events